Monday, July 16, 2012

The Bruce Cup 2012

Well, on Saturday we had the annual Bruce Cup.  This was the 10th Bruce Cup... and many of the newer players got the chance to meet Matt Barnett's widow, Jen.

It was a great day, there were a variety of whacky trick decks there.  Anarch Gerald Winhelm, Malk/!Malk Madness and Blood Denial, Saulot Spirit Marionette, Werewolves of Doom (Black Spiral Buddies & Renegade Garous), etc.

The end results were:
"Most Matt Barnett-Like Deck" went to Will Allison for his Malk/!Malk Madness and Blood Denial Deck.  It basically consisted of any Dementation or Malk/!Malk card that would drain a minion of blood, The Ankou and the "Crazy Masters" like Malk Prank, Malk Game, etc.  It actually did fairly well and made it to the finals.

I won the tournament overall, in not quite glorious fashion... the 2h final timed out and I was the highest seeded in the tournament.  So consequently, I won.  It's the first tournament I've attended where no VPs fell on the final table.  It's a win, but honestly I was probably most likely to be ousted.  My hand kept on jamming and I lost all forward momentum, then played poorly when I was on 4 pool and had specifically tried to get Telepathic Counters to protect myself then tapped out my minion with AUS... so with another 30min in the final, I would have been ousted easily and my predator would have won.

My deck was a variation on the Shambling Veneficti deck posted on the blog earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... okay?