Saturday, May 14, 2011

Edge Variations


So, I've been thinking a bit more of Edge Variations lately. I'm also thinking they could make an interesting addition to the game. I do like the general look of the Mage: the Ascension set created by Ankha (Prince of Paris) and it's made me a bit more tempted to do some serious card creation.

But in the meantime:
Would you be interested in alternative versions of the Edge? For example, Edge effects that feed into your deck's primary strategies (providing additional bleed, untaps for certain actions, additional defences, secondary effects...?)

I see them as similar to the Agendas created for previous WW-Storylines (now VEKN-Storylines) and as such their place is probably more in the realms of a Storyline rather than regular play. Of course though, I'd be very proud if the wider VTES community thought that my tinkering was worthwhile of including into standard play.

So what do you think?
New cards (made by players for players) or New Variations to VTES (Rapid Thought, Edge Variations, Agendas, etc)?

3 comments:

  1. I'm always a fan of new variants for games I enjoy — even moreso than fan cards, because it's easier to get people to agree to use them. Fire away! Also: do you have a link to this "Mage" set? I was brainstorming something similar years ago and I'd love to see what was created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The discussion is here:
    http://www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/5-generic-vtes-discussion/655-mage-the-ascension-variant

    The PDF is linked on this page:
    http://www.veknfrance.com/site/article.php3?id_article=255

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jsaon,
    Thanks! Feel free to go investigate. This afternoon I thought that there should be a Werewolf addition to it as well and that's been added in.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... okay?