Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Shameful Love Clan"

Do you have a "Shameful Love Clan"? The clan you love to play despite the fact they may be hard to win with? The clan you try to find novel ways to make them more competitive?

I have a very soft spot for my first (relatively effective) deck. It was a Brujah Bleed'n'Bash built around the core of 2 Camarilla Edition Starters. It had many features that would generally make a mediocre deck... Bang Nakhs, Large Brujah Vampires, probably too many actions, inconsistent pool gain... but I did enjoy playing it. It had the historical moment of blocking my predator four times with Alison Maller equipped with a Sports Bike, Bang Nakhs and a Celerity Master... played WWEF for three of them, played Acrobatics at [CEL] in each combat followed by a strike for 3, and played Taste of Vitae after at least one of them so I had a mostly full vampire at the end of it.

Have you got yours? Come on time to out yourself about the clan you love...

7 comments:

  1. Well, I do like playing Gangrels a lot.
    For a long time, beside the gangrel-dom angle there wasn't so many successful decks.
    I ahave a tendency to play combat-heavy deck trough so it's not often a right choice. My best success with them is currently a Wynn-Basilia war machine during a Warzone tournament, a Stanislava toolbox back in old times of 1996 and a garou rush deck lately (with the most important Glancing Blow and target vitals now available).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of gangrel with dominate and ventrue. Fortutude + Dominate + S:CE ftw! My favorite turn was putting a dominate skill card on Ingrid Rossler, Deep Song tapping out my prey, untap with Earth Meld, then bleed for 14 between Ingrid and Stanislava, just enough to oust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, another soft spot I have is for the Mexico Circle. There are a number of tactics I've been trying... and in response to a Metagame that was seeing a number of Draba-based Walls, I began playing a Zip Gun + Suppressing Fire bleeder (negative intercept can't be Draba'd). It still needs fine-tuning and a bit more grunt, but it's still plenty of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess its not too hard to guess which clan it is for me. The infernal knife edge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude... I'd say it's not really a "shameful love" but more of the Ongoing Torrid Love Affair...

    You need a new clan!
    (and a gf) :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I am working on the snakes deck, and after that I may even try for a [insert mock horror] more normal clan like Toreadors or Lasombra

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Gasps and runs to check the Fragment of the Book of Nod for other signs of Gehenna*

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... okay?